Swashbuckling Scallywags & SweetheartsThe Dread Pirate Roger (Bryce Osterman) gives Giles (Lane Vette) a word of advice, while Don Harpst narrates Friday night�s McCook Community College production of �Swashbuckling Scallywags &...
RPAC announces 2021-22 ACT Recognition studentsCURTIS, Neb. -- The Republican Plains Activity Conference has announced 2021-22 academic medalists based on ACT Scores. The 2021 � 2022 Top Individual ACT Score was achieved by Damin Luedke, Paxton...
Nebraska authors to share stories ThursdayNebraska authors to share stories Thursday McCOOK, Neb. � As part of the Smithsonian traveling exhibit in McCook, two Nebraska authors will share their story Thursday evening about rediscovering...
College limits high school welding classesMcCOOK, Neb. ��McCook Community College will offer welding classes for high school students next year, but slots will be limited compared to previous years. For the upcoming year, there will six...
- New mandated classes set for 2024
- Webinar on USDA Emergency Assistance for drought set at noon Thursday (5/9/22)
- NSP investigating Neiligh PD officer-involved shooting (5/9/22)
- One killed, two injured in Sunday accident (5/9/22)
- Commissioners asked to consider hand-counting ballots (5/9/22)1
- Subject in custody following incident at I-80 Speedway (5/9/22)
- �The Fifties in Focus� Chautauqua set for McCook July 28-30 (5/6/22)
- Couple plans to hit the spot with axe-throwing bar (5/6/22)
- Special exception sought for new liquid feed plant (5/6/22)
- Office building leads $4.9 million in local construction (5/6/22)
You can purchase a reprint of any photo in these galleries. Simply note the file number watermarked across the center of the photo, and then fill out photo order form here
(Your ordered photo will not have the Gazette logo or the watermark on it)
MCC softball hosting World Series qualifier; starts FridayThe McCook Community College softball team won its first ever Region IX title Sunday beating Northeastern Junior College 6-4. After winning all three games in the tournament, the team moves on to host the Plains District best-of-three championship series starting Friday at 3 p.m. against Butler Community College. The second game will be at noon Saturday followed by Game 3 if necessary.
- McCook High girls 'four-peat' as GNAC tennis champs (5/9/22)
- MCC women finish sweep through Region tournament (5/9/22)
- Longhorn teams both top 200 in winning DC-S Invite (5/9/22)
- Trojans rule the Twilight invite in Alma (5/9/22)
- Long-shot Rich Strike rallies to pull epic Derby upset (5/9/22)
- Lamar ends MCC baseball season with wild 16-13 win (5/9/22)
- MCC softball team wins Region IX opener for 'step forward' (5/7/22)
Margaret M. �Margy� Rotter (5/10/22)Margaret M. �Margy� Rotter Nov. 8, 1940 - May 6, 2022 TRENTON, Neb. � Margaret M. �Margy� Rotter, age 81, of Trenton, passed away on May 6, 2022, at the Community Hospital of McCook. She was born in...
Mary A. Ellinger (5/10/22)Mary A. Ellinger McCOOK, Neb. � Mary A. Ellinger, 77, of McCook, died Sunday (May 8, 2022), at her home. Services are pending with Carpenter Breland Funeral Home of McCook. Online condolences can...
Fredonna �Donna� Lee Ruppert (5/10/22)Fredonna �Donna� Lee Ruppert McCOOK, Neb. � Fredonna �Donna� Lee Ruppert, 89, of McCook, died Monday (May 9, 2022), at Hillcrest Nursing Home in McCook. Servces are pending with Carpenter Breland...
Deminski birthday (5/10/22)95th birthday The family of Vene Deminski of Cambridge, Neb., is requesting a card shower in honor of her 95th birthday on Sunday, May 15, 2022. Her family includes daughters, Kathy Salts of Broken...
Lakatosh birthday (5/6/22)90th birthday The family of Christel (Weitschies) Lakatosh of McCook is requesting a card shower in honor of her 90th birthday on Sunday, May 8, 2022. She was born in Seckenburg, Ostpreussen...
Richardson anniversary (5/6/22)50th anniversary The family of Larry and Marjorie Richardson of Osawatomie, Kan., formerly of McCook, Neb., is hosting an open house in honor of the couple�s 50th wedding anniversary. The open house...
Vivian Todd (5/10/22)Vivian Todd Oct. 6, 1930 - May 7, 2022 IMPERIAL, Neb. � Vivian Todd was born Oct. 6, 1930, in rural Hayes County, 18 miles north of Wauneta, Neb., to William Eugene and Marie Bernadine (Kerchal)...
Joyce M. Minnick (5/10/22)Joyce M. Minnick McCOOK, Neb. � Joyce M. Minnick, 70, of McCook, died Friday (May 6, 2022), at Swedish Hospital in Denver, Colo. She was born in McCook on Oct. 24, 1951, to Warren and Helen (Dike)...
Bernice Viola Jutten (5/10/22)Bernice Viola Jutten June 13, 1935 � May 7, 2022 PALISADE, Neb. � Bernice �Viola� Jutten, age 86, of Palisade, passed away Saturday, May 7, 2022, at Great Plains Health in North Platte, Neb. Viola...
Letter to the Editor: AP employment story leaves out information (5/10/22)Dear Editor, The Friday 6 May 2022 AP article on employment is correct that the US economy added 428,000 jobs during April 2022. The story is only half the picture however. The 3.6% unemployment rate...
Letter to the Editor: Paid Political Advertisement � Jim Pillen is a proven leader (5/6/22)Dear Editor, Proudly serving Legislative District 44 since 2015, I have come to learn a lot about how things function in the Unicameral and what it takes in a person to be able to work with other...
- Russia pummels port of Odesa in attempt to disrupt supplies
- Trump-backed US Rep. Alex Mooney wins W.Va. GOP primary
- Haitian gang leader charged in kidnapping of US missionaries
- Election 2022: Republicans decide Nebraska governor primary
- Steel Male Brake Pipe Union Fittings 3/8" x 24 UNF for 3/16" Bra